Ginger is a spicy root and has long been used in traditional and Western healing systems to make tea. Regular consumption of ginger tea has powerful health benefits.
- Improves stomach performance – ginger tea is fantastic for improving digestion and it helps with bloating.
- Relieving nausea – it can prevent travelling nausea, vomiting associated with motion sickness
- Reduces inflammation – ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties that make an ideal home remedy for muscle and joint problems.
- Relieves menstrual cramps – in addition to drinking ginger tea, try soaking a towel in warm ginger tea and apply it to your lower abdomen. It can help relax the muscles and relieve the cramps.
- Fights respiratory problems – relieves congestion associated with the common cold.
- Improves blood circulation – contains vitamins, minerals and amino acids that help to improve and restore blood circulation.
- Relieves stress – ginger tea lowers stress and tension.
- Strengths immunity – has strong antioxidant properties.
- Helps with weight loss
- Manages glucose levels
- Reduces arthritic inflammation
- Fights cancer
- Stimulates appetite
Although there aren’t any studies that show any serious side effects, you don’t want to consume more than 4 grams of ginger a day.
Some people say that ginger increases bile productions, so it’s a good idea as a precaution to talk to the healthcare professionals that can advise you.
Ginger tea isn’t recommended for people with a history of gallbladder problems.
Possible minor side effects are:
- upset stomach
- ginger allergy (a rash or discomfort in mouth or stomach)
Homemade Ginger Tea – Recipe
You will need 3 ingredients to make tasty and delicious ginger tea.
- organic lemon ( I use half-moon slices, they allow more juice)
- 1l of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon of honey (raw, Manuka or any sweetener of your choice)
- organic ginger root
- Peel of an organic ginger root. Slice it into small size pieces.
- Boil 1 litre of water.
- Slice 1 lemon on small half moons.
- Put the ginger root slices in a pot, add lemons and boiling water.
- Mix all ingredients and let it simmer. After it cools a little bit add 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Leave the tea to sit for 15 minutes.