Smoothie is a great way to start your day. You can mix and match almost everything. I’m not a fan of overly sweet taste in the morning so I always reach for more sour combinations.
This smoothie is great for boosting your health and energy. It’s rich in antioxidant that helps to protect your immune system from free radicals.
Aronia is considered to be the healthiest fruit in the world offering more benefits for your health than any other superfood.
Aronia health benefits:
- It has anti-carcinogenic properties due to the polyphenols (potent antioxidants)
- It fights against heart disease
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- It’s a great antioxidant source
- It helps maintain urinary tract health.
Blackberry health benefits:
- Blackberry improves and maintains brain function.
- It reduces inflammation and boosts immunity.
- It helps menstrual health ( blackberry contains vitamin K that helps regulate hormones and reduces cramping pain).
- It promotes healthy skin ( protects the skin from UVB damage through antioxidant activity) – vitamin C keeps the skin healthy and promotes collagen production which may prevent premature ageing of the skin.
Raspberry health benefits:
- It helps to maintain your heart healthy.
- Raspberry helps cancer prevention – works against free radicals and decreases body inflammation.
- It helps digestion – water and the fibre prevent constipation and maintain healthy digestive tract.
- Maintains healthy eyes because it contains antioxidant zeaxanthin, which filters out harmful blue rays.
Nectarine health benefits:
- Nectarine supports healthy eyes and prevents macular degeneration (contains beta – carotene, antioxidant that turns into vitamin A in the body).
- Contains lutein which has health – protective benefits.
- It boosts energy.
- Vitamin C supports immune function and healthy, glowing skin,
- Baobab has prebiotics, nondigestible food compounds that beneficially affect human gut by selectively stimulating the growth of microflora.
- Baobab is alkaline food that balances body’s PH levels.
- Because of the vitamin C, it’s good pre and post workout.
Maca root powder
- Increases fertility,
- Balances hormones
- Boosts the immune system,
- Increases energy,
- Improves sexual function
- Detoxes body from metals,
- Eliminates candida,
- Lowers blood pressure,
- Boosts energy,
- Reduces cholesterol
Smoothie recipe with berries and superfood powders
- Half of frozen ripe banana
- Almond milk (or any other milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup raspberry (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 blackberry (fresh or frozen)
- 1 fresh nectarine
- 1 tbsp of spirulina powder
- 1 tbsp of baobab powder
- 1 tbsp of maca powder
- 1 tbsp of aronia powder
- Few cubes of ice
- natural sweetener as you wish
Put the fruit in the blender, add almond milk ( you can add more or less depending what consistency you like) then add the powders. Blend until smooth. You can serve this with and granola or just as it is.
Please leave a comment down below what is your favourite smoothie combination?